I’ve seen a number of my friends and other bloggers creating a list of things they’d like to achieve before their next birthday. The list is as long as their age, and each year the list is changed and updated according to what has been done. Unlike resolutions it’s not so bad if you don’t manage to complete the list before your birthday – carry over what still needs to be done and start (or carry on) with the latest list.
So today after doing my earlier post I figured I”ll make a list and focus on working through it before my 35th birthday in September 🙂
1. Get a job (obvious)
2. Find a new family home for Aurora and I
3. Invest in a tent and other camping equipment 🙂
4. Go camping with Aurora
5. I have to learn to speak German
6. Take at least 1 “Me Day” a month. No phone, email, Twitter etc. Just me doing what I want
7. Get a new laptop. Mine is going to end up against the wall pretty soon!
8. Get a tablet. Because I just want one. 🙂
9. Enter and complete a half marathon
10. Go to the movies at least once a month with Aurora
11. Go ice skating. And actually get on the ice.
12. Take a trip to go water skiing for a day or weekend. I haven’t been for years and I’m keen to get back in the water
13. Learn to kite surf 🙂
14. Read 20 new books
15. Visit my granddad with Aurora
16. Try a new hairstyle. I’ve had the same style for about 4 years.
17. Have sundown cocktails on Table Mountain
18. Hike up Lions Head
19. Spend the day at a spa getting pampered
20. Volunteer at an animal shelter at least once a month
21. Do more arts and crafts stuff with Aurora. This includes baking biscuits, cupcakes, and cakes. I want to attempt to decorate a cake on my own – luckily living with Cupcakemummy means I have an experienced baker to learn from 😉
22. Take Aurora to Bugz Play Park,.. silly I know, but we’ve never been
23. Spend the day touring around Cape Town on the big red bus with Aurora
24. Take a trip to Robbin Island
25. Go puddle jumping with Aurora 🙂
26. Get a bicycle and start cycling
27. Take a train trip to Simons Town with Aurora
28. Drink less wine – limit to weekends only (this has been easy so far due to lack of finances hahahah)
29. Take at least one photo a day with Aurora – capture every day with her!
30. Have a mini-break weekend in Durban and spend the day at uShaka Marine World
31. Get a new tattoo 🙂
32. Have an anti-Valentines Day party!!! Except of course if I’m seeing someone, which is unlikely, lol
33. Buy at least one music CD every month
34. Go for picnics at the various places in and around Cape Town.
There we go! I thought it would be hard to think of 34 things I wanted to do this year – but now that I’ve given it some thought there are a few more things that I’d like to add… lol