And in the blink of an eye it’s Easter! Where has the first quarter of 2014 gone???
Quite a few things have happened over the last few weeks, and I’ve completely neglected to update my blog on a regular basis. So, here’s a basic overview of what’s going on:
– I was contacted to go for an interview with a start up towards the end of March, I was nervous, but went anyway, got the job, resigned on 1 April and started new job on the 3rd. Happened really fast. It’s the first time in about 8 years that I’ve actually resigned (and not been retrenched) from a company. My biggest push in taking this job is that the earnings are way better, I have better career prospects, and I’ll be financially independent again (crossing all fingers and toes and holding thumbs and all that good luck stuff)
– My mom has been visiting for the last few weeks and it’s been so great having her here for an extended period, because I’ve hardly seen her over the last couple of years. I’m really hoping that when I get my own place and depending on her work situation, that she’ll be able to spend a month or 2 with me and Aurora here in Cape Town every year. How awesome would that be? Only regret I have about her stay now is that she’s just about ready to go home, and I have no pictures of her with myself or Aurora – she hates the camera and avoids it at all costs! I think I’m going to have to corner her tonight!
– We’ve (Aurora’s dad and I) decided that it would be in Aurora’s best interest to get an independent psychologist to do a school readiness test for her. Her birthday is on the 23rd of December, so the worry is that she may not be emotionally ready for grade 1 next year, and we’d have to keep her back in grade R. I really don’t want to keep her back from her friends, but I know in my heart that we absolutely have to do what’s best for her.
– I’ve met someone. He was introduced to me by a friend, and we’ve been out a few times. He’s older, wiser, and better mannered than my more recent relationships (can I even call them that?). Not much else to say other than I do like his sense of humour, and we’ll see how we go 🙂
– Surfing is going ok, haven’t been going as often as I’d like – last time we had to get out of the water because a shark was spotted – but the winter weather apparently brings some really good surf conditions, so despite the winter weather I might actually get to do much more surfing over the next couple of months,.
There’s probably a lot more that’s happened in between, but those (I think) are kind of the important bits.
My Easter weekend so far consists of dinner with the girls on Friday, Wine and chocolate tasting with friends on Saturday. Weather permitting I’d like to spend some time on the beach on Sunday, because I really want to get the last drops of sunshine before we’re drenched for the next 4 months
Hope everyone has a safe and blessed Easter!