We’re on day 7 of the year, and I’m onto my 3rd book 😀 I’m going to try and read as much as possible again this year, and hopefully keep my list as updated as possible. The first couple of books I’ve read I got off of The Blessed Barrenness blog post, and housemate has posted a whole bunch of book reviews so I’m going to be sneaky and read all those too!
This is my list so far for 2015:
2) Maybe Someday – Colleen Hoover (by far one of my favourite authors)
3) The Sweet Gum Tree – Katherine Allred (I enjoyed this book so much I looked for her other books)
4) Never Never – Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher (ok, WTH??? Where is the rest of this story? Talk about a cliffhanger!!!!)
6) Alibi in High Heels – Gemma Halliday (I had no idea this book was past of a series, so now I’ll have to read the rest of them)
7) – The First Ladies of Rome by Annelise Freisenbruch – Like their modern counterparts, the ‘first ladies’ of Rome were moulded to meet the political requirements of their emperors, be they fathers, husbands, brothers or lovers. But the women proved to be liabilities as well as assets – Augustus’ daughter Julia was accused of affairs with at least five men, Claudius’ wife Messalina was a murderous tease who cuckolded and humiliated her elderly husband, while Fausta tried to seduce her own stepson and engineered his execution before boiled to death as a punishment. In The First Ladies of Rome Annelise Freisenbruch unveils the characters whose identities were to reverberate through the ages, from the virtuous consort, the sexually voracious schemer and the savvy political operator, to the flighty bluestocking, the religious icon and the romantic heroine.
11) Tara Sivec – Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers Book 1)
12) Tara Sivec – Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers Book 2)
13) Tara Sivec – Troubles and Treats (Chocolate Lovers Book 3)
14) Born Wicked – Jessica Spotswood (The Cahill Witch Chronicles Book 1) (I absolutely loved this series! I do really enjoy fantasy books and this had me addicted from the first chapter)
15) Star Cursed – Jessica Spotswood (The Cahill Witch Chronicles Book 2)
16) Sisters’ Fate – Jessica Spotswood (The Cahill Witch Chronicls Book 3)
19) Isaac Marion – Warm Bodies – Ok I absolutely loved the movie, I think I’ve seen it about 20 times and I’m feeling like watching it again. The unlikely hero, R, is just so absolutely likeable despite his affliction. I think that’s part of the reason i love this story so much – the hero is usually on the other side… it’s a different perspective which is really welcome.