Wow. The start of another year. I have say that I am very happy to see the back of 2012, and I’m looking forward to basically starting from scratch going forward.
I’ve never really been one for making resolutions – my only resolution usually is not to make any resolutions – that way I won’t be disappointed if I don’t stick to them.
This year though there are several things that I need to achieve:
1. Starting off with finding a job that I can thrive in, that I can grow into and move my career forward.
2. From that a new family home for Aurora and myself and my menagerie should be within reach. That will be my main focus for this year.
3. Spend more time with family, my cousins and sister and nieces… my other sister and her family are moving down from Joburg at the end of May and I can’t wait to have her and all the kids close so I can spend time with them.
4. Take Aurora to Durban for a weekend, just to take her to Ushaka. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while, but haven’t managed to get around to it. I’d also really like to take Aurora camping. I also need to plan a trip to visit my granddad. Aurora just turned 4 and has never met my Grandpa… I need to do this as I feel like time is running out…
5. Spend more time with quality friends… I have those few who make plans and then flake at the last minute. As much as I enjoy their company when I’m with them, I need to reserve my time exclusively for the ones who have the time for me.
6. Avoid getting involved with emotionally unavailable men. You’re either with me or you’re not.
7. Start entering more runs/walks, train properly and enter and complete at least one half marathon this year. Focus on my physical health and mental well-being. Stop worrying about what one person thinks or says or does and just focus on being happy with my child and my life.
I think those are my main areas of focus for this year. Not a bad start and all totally achievable. I may revisit and revise, adding new stuff to this list as I go, but this is the closest I’ve ever come to making a proper resolution list.
Let’s get this year started!